Sunday, May 13, 2012

MS Walk 2012

This year was my 8th year going to the MS walk and it is definitely a year I won't ever forget. I was asked to tell my story to help kick off the walk. I was really nervous about talking in front of so many people and to be honest I didn't really plan what I was going to say until the night before. Not that I needed too much planning, since it is a story about something that happened to me.

It was such an awesome experience. I spoke after the mayor of Frankenmuth, which was a bit intimidating, but I think I did pretty well. After I told my story I got to cut the ribbon to start the beginning of the walk. There were thunderstorms, so the walk had to be held indoors. I wasn't going to be able to walk the 3 miles, that the walk usually consists of, but since it was held inside I was able to make the first lap around with the mayor! It was really awesome and everyone was clapping for me.

 It was a really great day that I won't ever forget. Thank you to everyone involved, everyone who donated and everyone who was there to support me. Also thank you to my uncle Dave, who put together this awesome video of the day! I am truly blessed!

Here's the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment