Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Frustrated.

Well, I've been sick for about a week now. I caught a cold.

Here's the deal, for all you who just don't get it. When someone who has MS gets sick, even if it is just a regular everyday cold, it is different from when a healthy person gets sick. MS is an autoimmune disease. The best way I can easily describe that is by saying that my immune system, when kicked into gear, attacks the myelin that covers my brain and spinal cord. In turn this causes me to feel all sorts of different things, but currently dizziness and weakness in my lower legs. So basically instead of my immune system fighting the cold it's fighting my own body.

I guess I understand why it's hard for others to get it. To them I have a cold. No big deal.


I just really wish that there were more people in this world that understood, people outside of the MS community. Life would be a lot easier for me and my fellow MSers.

No comments:

Post a Comment